MobileLink gives you the capability to extend your desk phone to your smart phone. With this app, you can make and receive calls using your desk phone number from any Android or iOS smartphone. You also have PBX features such as call forwarding, call swapping and access to your call history.
Topics in this post include:
Placing a Call
1. Type in the phone number or extension you would like to call.
2. Press the green Phone icon.
A pop up screen will appear that contains options on how you would like to dial out.
- Phone: Your mobile number will appear in the recipient’s caller ID.
- Call Through: Your desk phone number will appear in the recipient’s caller ID.
- Call Back: Your desk phone CLID will appear in the recipient’s caller ID.
3. Select the dial out option.
Accessing Your Call History
1. Select the History tab inside the MobileLink application.
You can filter by:
- All Calls
- Missed Calls
Dialing Out of Call History
1. Tap the name or phone number inside your call history to make a call.
1. Select the Call Settings tab from the icons at the bottom of the application.
2. Select the Call Forwarding option you would like to activate.
NOTE: When choosing, Call Forwarding Always, you will be prompted to enter in the phone number to which calls will be forwarded. You may also choose to have a splash ring play on your desk phone to remind you that the call is forwarding. Make sure splash ring is set to active for this to occur.
1. Select either Simultaneous Ring or Sequential Ring from the Incoming Calls section of the Call Settings menu.
2. Tap the “+” to add a new number to simultaneously ring with your primary device.
3. Type the desired number into the address field.
4. Then, you can toggle Yes or No to determine if you would like answer confirmation to be required.
NOTE: Answer confirmation will prompt you to press any button on your device to receive the call. This allows you to differentiate between work and personal calls when using a mobile device.
5. Select Done. The next screen will confirm your settings.
Do Not Disturb
1. Select the Call Setting icon from the bottom of the application.
2. Select Do Not Disturb.