This article will give you step-by-step instructions on forwarding a call to another extension or device using either your desk phone’s Call Forwarding Always feature or SimpleSignal’s Anywhere Feature.
Call Forwarding Always
1. Dial *72 immediately followed by the number or extension to which you would like to forward calls.
You should then hear the following: “Your call forwarding always service has been activated successfully. Thank you.” Now, any call that would normally ring at your desk phone, will instead ring on the designated extension or device you set in Step 1.
2. To deactivate this service, dial *73.
You will hear the following: “Your call forwarding always service has been deactivated successfully. Thank you.”
1. Log into the Broadsoft portal with either you Admin or User credentials.
2. Click Call Control from the menu list on the left.
3. Click Broadworks Anywhere.
4. Click Add.
5. Type in the phone number to which you would like to forward calls.
NOTE: There should be no spaces or dashes in the phone number.
6. Enter a description for the device or extension.
7. Check the box next to Require Answer Confirmation.
8. Click OK.
Now, when a call comes in to your desk phone, the additional device that you set up will also ring. When you answer, you will be prompted to: “Press a button to completed this call.”