This article shows you how to build a Call Center inside the Broadsoft Portal.
1. Log into the Broadsoft portal with your admin login.
NOTE: If you do not have these credentials, contact the SimpleSignal Support team at 303-242-8616 (Option 1) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Click Call Center from the menu on the left of the screen.
3. Under the Basic menu, click Call Centers.
4. To build a standard Call Center, click the Add Standard button.
5. Give the Call Center a standard ID and enter that ID into the Call Center ID field.
NOTE: This needs to be a unique name.
6. Enter a descriptive name of the Call Center into the Name field.
7. Enter “.” in the Calling Line ID Last Name and Calling Line ID First Name fields.
8. Enter the password in the Initial Password and Re-type Initial Password fields.
9. Select a time zone from the Time Zone drop down menu.
10. Set a Group Policy by clicking the button next to the preferred policy selection.
[Need to add an article on Group Policy types and link to it here]
11. Refer to the order from your customer to configure the Call Center and Agent settings.
NOTE: In this example, the Call Center is set to a Queue Length of 50 calls, has video support enabled, rings when offering a call and allows callers to dial “0” to leave the queue. For the Agent settings, the Call Center allows agents to join Call Centers and automatically sets the agent’s state to “Wrap-Up” after a call has ended. Make sure to refer to your customer’s order to determine which Call Center settings they prefer for this section.
12. Click OK.
13. Assign an address to the Call Center by clicking Addresses in the Basic section of the Profile.
13. Assign a phone number from the Phone Number drop down menu.
14. Assign an extension in the Extension field.
15. Click OK.
16. Assign agents to the Call Center by clicking Agents in the Basic section of the Profile.
17. Click the Search button on the right of the screen to populate a list of available agents.
18. Highlight the name of the agent in the left menu box and click Add.
NOTE: You can add all of the agents on the list by clicking Add All.
19. Click OK.
20. Assign supervisors to the Call Center by clicking Supervisors in the Basic section of the Profile.
NOTE: Use the same method as you did to assign agents in Steps 17 – 19.
21. Set Announcements for the Call Center by clicking Announcements in the Basic section of the Profile.
22. Refer to the customer’s order to determine settings for the entrance message and select the appropriate boxes.
NOTE: Mandatory entrance messages force a caller to listen to the entire message even if there is an agent available to take the call.
23. Set ring tone to Default, URL or Custom.
24. To add a Custom ring tone, select the Custom button, then click Choose File.
25. Choose a file from your computer and click OK.
NOTE: You can have up to 4 different custom messages.
26. Using the tabs at the top of the screen, configure the following settings based on your customer’s order preferences:
- Estimated Wait Message
- Comfort Message
- Music On Hold Message
27. Select Routing Policies from the left menu of the Profile.
28. Set routing policies for Bounced Calls, Overflow and Stranded Calls from this menu.
Bounced Call – A call is being offered to an agent, but they do not answer.
Overflow – What happens to a caller when there are too many calls in the queue or they have been in the queue for too long.
Stranded Call – Calls that are in the Call Center when all agents are signed out.
You have now created and configured a Call Center.