This article will show you how to add Shared Call Appearance (SCA) to a user inside of the Broadsoft portal.
1. Log into the Broadsoft portal with your group admin login.
NOTE: If you do not have these credentials, contact the SimpleSignal Support team at 303-242-8616 (Option 1) or by email at email@example.com.
2. Click on Users.
3. Click the Search button on the right to view a list of users in the group.
4. Click on a user’s name to edit.
5. Click Call Control from the menu on the left side of the screen.
6. Click Shared Call Appearance.
If the user has any SCAs set up, they will appear here:
7. To add an SCA, click Add.
8. To add a new device, select New Identity/Device Profile from the Identity/Device Prfile drop down menu.
9. Copy the user name from the top of the screen (the numerical value) and paste it in the New Identity/Device Profile Name field.
NOTE: This field needs to be unique. In this example, we are setting up a Bria application on a smartphone, we we would make the Profile Name unique to this setup, by adding “_bria” to the Profile name as shown below.
10. Select the device type from the Identity/Device Profile Type drop down menu.
NOTE: This will likely be a generic SIP phone.
11. Copy the new devices name and paste it into the Line/Port field.
12. Click OK.
This creates the SCA, and it now seen in the SCA list for that user.
NOTE: This new device shares the same authentication as the user’s other devices. This information will be need to register the new device. If you do not have this information, please contact SimpleSignal Support at 303-242-8616 (Option 1) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.